The Senior 3D Event Designer is responsible for conceptualization and development of large scale and unique branded environments and events. Senior 3D Designer will ensure the quality and completeness of designs and deliverables within established deadlines, oversee the distribution of projects to internal designers and vendors as needed. A Senior 3D Designer manages projects with little direction and interfaces with clients directly, demonstrating a high level of professionalism.
The Senior 3D Designer has authority in design decision making, strong visual communication skills, industry experience and understanding of real world environments.
1) Provides concept designs and scenic elements through various visual tools, including the use of art, illustration, architecture, drawings, sketches, storyboards, 2D and 3D digital design.
2) Understand the unique offerings and goals of our clients, their competitors and the target audience in order to develop effective design solutions.
3) Collaborate with creative team, internal account teams and clients to concept and develop designs for events.
4) Takes direction from Creative Director.
5) Takes work from concept to development by working digitally in 3-D models, sketching and drawing in the traditional manner on paper, or through non-traditional applications.
6) Interface with clients, account executives, estimating, production, internal personnel, and vendors to deliver each communication package within the agreed upon budget and timeline.
7) Design in a range of visual styles as appropriate for different clients and mediums.
8) Familiar with working within design templates and brand standards.
9) Seek out new products and maintain cutting edge industry knowledge relative to 3D design, fabrication techniques, interactive programming, and experiential opportunities.
10) Maintain quality check on all pieces.
11) File and format all design work in the appropriate location and form compliant with the standards used within the design department and Julia Testa LLC.
1) 5+ years design experience in an in-house creative department or design firm.
2) Bachelor Degree in design related field required.
3) High level of proficiency in design software and applications, such as Adobe Creative Suite, 3D Max, Auto CAD and SketchUp.
4) Strong conceptual skills, high level sense of design, a broad thinker who is able to offer a variety of design solutions.
5) Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
6) Proven experience in managing small and large projects from inception to project closeout.
7) Proven ability to manage the everyday details of a project while focusing on the highest quality result.
8) Self-starter and works independently of supervision or direction.
9) Excellent presentation and communication skills.
10) Excellent customer and inter-company relationship skills.
11) Strong creative, organizational, problem solving and time-management skills.
12) 3D design experience on large scale custom projects.
Strong ability to work under pressure. Ability to work flexible hours and overtime, as needed. May be required to travel to meet with clients for meetings or presentations.